Partnering with Cruces Creatives, Backyard Farms and other local ranchers/farmers, Dona Ana SWCD will be creating materials, videos and education workshops to teach ranchers and farmers how to work with the NRCS office to take advantage of the EQIP, CSP and CIG programs to move their productions forward.
- EQIP workshop video release date: March 2, 2021
- EQIP Zoom Q&A 1: March 16, 2021
- EQIP Zoom Q&A 2: April 13, 2021
- CIG workshop video release date: April 6, 2021
- CIG Zoom Q&A 1: April 20, 2021
- CIG Zoom Q&A 2: May 11, 2021
FAQ's - NRCS CSP PROGRAM
NRCS Intro to: Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)
Frequently Asked Questions:
• How much funding is awarded per applicant?
o Depends on the enhancements selected and number of Priority RCs addressed at time of application and what will be addressed by end of contract.
o Min $1500 annual payment
• Is funding provided as a reimbursement or flat award?
o Annual payments awarded after documentation of completed enhancements are reviewed and approved.
• Do applicants need to fill out CCC-901 form for the CSP?
o Yes, new guidance states even individuals will need to fill out 901 which is a FSA form
• How long should the application process take? When should applicants begin?
o Roughly 8-month process from application submission contract obligation.
o May begin once contract is obligated.
• How are applications scored, rated, or how are decisions made for funding?
o Ranked through CART assessment.
• What are the steps for the application process? Do I fill out to the FSA or CSP forms first?
o If you do not have Farm Service Agency records established (i.e. Farm/Tract number), you will need to complete FSA form first prior to applying for CSP. CSP applications asks if you have FSA records established. If “No”, then the application will be returned to the applicant until records are established and maps are provided with the application.
• How do I get a Farm Track number?
o Work with FSA to complete necessary documents to obtain F/T #
• Do I need a Farm visit?
o Yes, site visit will occur with Conservationist and also with Area staff for field verifications.
• Are lands treated differently for crop production compared to ranching/animal production?
o Different enhancements for each land use.
o No a separate ranking pool between range and crop
• Is it better to apply for funding as an individual or as a business?
o Doesn’t matter; personal preference.
• Does it matter what type of business (for-profit or non-profit) your farm or ranch is for the CSP program?
• Is there a minimum number of acres for a farm/ranch to qualify for the CSP program?
• Is there a minimum income a farm/ranch needs to make for the CSP Program?